The ”smartGreen” building standards are:
- insulation is close to the Passive houses paying attention to the avoidance of thermal bridges;
- the boiler roo is equipped with the geothermal heat pump DIMPLEX Germany;
- heating – cooling is done by T.A.B.S. system(Thermally Activated Building Structures);
- cooling is done in the “passive cooling” system using geothermal wells temperature;
- ventilation is provided with DIMPLEX heat recovery unit, Passivhaus certified;
- shading system with exterior horizontal aluminum venetian blinds, electric ;
- the heating-air-conditioning system is automated with the home manager comanded on smartphone.
Our idea was to use the latest European construction technologies to achieve the ”smartGreen” model and build on the guidelines of the nZEB (near Zero Energy Building) concept described by the European Commission in the European Directive 2010/31 / EU Directive to have an energy consumption ≤ 15kWh / m2 / year. (The Directive applies: starting in 2018 to all newly built public buildings, and by 2020 all new buildings built). We do not use conventional heating systems (condensing boilers, radiators or fan coils). We wanted an energy-efficient house model, environmentally friendly but comfortable at the same time. We use conventional building materials (concrete, efficient brick, basaltic insulation and cellular glass). We want to be available as investment and retrofit costs.
The boiler room equipped with geothermal heat pump and heat recovery ventilation
Operating scheme for the T.A.B.S. system (Thermally Activated Building Structures)
Mounting the T.A.B.S. system
Ventilation with heat recover – ”Passivhaus” certified equipment
Insulation , foam glass and polystyrol to avoid the thermal bridges
Insulation mineral wool on the facades and polystyrot around the windows
Home manager – comand on a smartphone for heating , cooling , ventilation
Shading system with exterior horizontal aluminum venetian blinds
The ” smartGreen “ model is scalable for residential or commercial applications, office buildings, hotels, hostels. The T.A.B.S. heating and cooling system does not affect the structure of the building’s resistance, the pipes are mounted in the middle of the concrete slab in which there is no tension.